The Gift from Hijaz
Shipping calculated at checkout.
What you will get:
- A high quality art print of my Original painting “The Gift of Hijaz”. It has been printed on the highest quality satin matte photo paper using giclee (inkjet) method.
- The print has a satin finish which gives the colors a beautiful vibrancy and is unframed.
- Frame is not included.
- The Gift from Hijaz is inspired by the Renaissance ignited in “Hijaz” through the revelation of divinely ordained commandments. The Revelation, which gave rise to modern civil concepts of human rights and equality by invoking collective civil conscience.
- The title “The Gift from Hijaz”( Armaghan-e-Hijaz ) is borrowed from the poetry of Dr. Allama Muhammad Iqbal, a 19thcentury writer and philosopher whose work focused on the resurrection of a new renaissance. In his words:
- The melody that is departed may or may not return again;
- A breeze from Hejaz may or may not blow again;
- The days of this Faqir have come to an end;
- Another knower of secrets may or may not come
- This art work is my attempt to paint those nostalgic emotions expressed by Iqbal in the lines above.
In the painting itself, the gold background depicts the golden Islamic era; the Kaaba, symbolizes the right path; and Arabic alphabets (“Huroof” Urdu: “حروف”), reflect intellectual and spiritual growth. This artwork serves a reminder to encourage awareness in ourselves to the purpose of our existence both as individuals and social beings, which is what the Hijazi Movement was about.
Why you should get it?
- This art aims to invoke those nostalgic emotions expressed by Iqbal in the lines above.
- The art provides a gentle reminder that although those golden times have gone, it is always within us to attain greatness through introspect, hard work and prayer.